Week of April 18, 2017
Hi Central ~ welcome back from winter Easter break. : ) Few important things for this short week, April 18 - 21.
Immunization shots for Grade 9 students, who were absent early April, on Wednesday AM. Northern Health will be here.
This is the last week for Q3 Option 9 courses. Q4 classes start next Monday. Class lists will be posted outside Office on Thursday.
Robb Nash presentation & rock band show - Thursday, 10:20am to 11:40am. Our staff and students are walking over to Unchagah Hall at South Peace Campus for this amazing performance. Parents are welcome to join us. Check out his website, https://www.robbnash.com There will also be informed consent notice going home on Tuesday. Thursday's block times will be changed:
- Block C - 8:43 to 9:45 (62 min)
--> Watch short pre-show video with students (this is necessary to prepare students) Video is 1:34 min.
BREAK - 9:45 to 9:55
- Block D class - 9:55 - 10:00 Attendance taken.
--> We are walking to Unchagah Hall. Need to be enroute by 10:05.
--> please be seated with/near your block D class
- Robb Nash presentation
BREAK - 1:40 - 1:50pm
- Block B - 1:50 - 3:00 (70 min)
Happening next week
- Trimester 2 Honor Roll Certificates
- Grade 8s sign-ups for specific Option 9 & Seminar 9 courses they want or need (i.e. French, Coding, Robotics, Metalwork, Theatre). Otherwise, students will be placed in our assigned Seminars and popular Options. Students will be able to make Seminar 9 & Option 9 switches next school year each time before the next courses start, etc. The routine is the same this year and it works well.
- April Coyote Chronicles Newsletter - Friday, 28th. Stay tuned for our first 2017-2018 update.
Coming up soon
- May 1st NID
- May 2nd, 10:20 to 11:30 --> Career & Workplace Seminars (while teachers are in Collaboration sessions) - Ms. Lindstrom & Mr. Booker busy organizing.
- Grade 7 School Visits, May 2nd to13th ~ Our staff & Leadership 8 groups going to Elementary schools to meet with grade 7s.
Take Care everyone. Look forward to seeing you this Spring. Chat soon.