Please drop student off at the 10th Street to avoid the construction at main entrance.
We are looking forward to the influx of students both returning and new. As we prepare for the first days of school and people are stopping by the office, we wanted to post some information for students and parents to help ease the transition back to school.
LOCKERS will be given out on THURSDAY, September 8 in class. Please bring $5 if you want a locker.
September 8, 2016
- NID - Tuesday, September 6 NO SCHOOL
- NID - Wednesday, September 7 NO SCHOOL
- 1st Day w/ Students - Thursday, September 8, 10:43 - 2:00pm Students in Homeroom
- 1st Full Day of Classes - Friday, September 9 (Day 1 - blocks A-B-C-D)
- Start-up Student Assembly - Monday, September 12 - Gr. 8s in blk D and Gr. 9s in blk B
Final Report Cards for 2015/16 will be mailed home on July 6. You will receive them at some point this summer, pending Canada Post job action.
2016/17 School Year
- September 5 - Stat Holiday
- September 6 & 7 - NID - Curriculum Implementation
- September 8 (Thursday) - First Day of School (10:43 - 2:00pm)
- September 9 (Friday) - First FULL Day of Classes
Other September Dates
- September 12 @ 6:00pm - DCSS Athletics Forum for 2016/17 Season.
Our June Newsletter is now posted. It will also be emailed to parents, while teachers will share important items with students during Homeroom today.
Lots coming up, so please check it out to know what's what and when.
Also, don't forget to check-out Information about 2016-17. Details found in the past few Newsletters and also check-out our Gr. 8 and 9 Info. attachments.
Journalism 9 Edmonton Trip - May 30th - June 3rd (Mr. Roszmann & Secretary Tina with 17 students)
French Immersion Quebec Trip - May 30th - June 9th (Mr. McKechnie and parents with 39 students)
2016 National Science Fair Results (hosted in Montreal, Quebec)
William Hamilton - Silver Medal
Jackson Price - Bronze Medal
Way to go!!!! An excellent showing from Dawson Creek Secondary - Central Campus.
This week we have our Grade 7s Visit to Central on Wednesday, 9:30 - 12:00. We are expecting 160 students.
Thank-you to our parents who came out to our Celebration of Learning evening last Wednesday. It was very much appreciated! If you didn't have the opportunity to connect with your teachers but want information about your child's progress, don't hesitate to call or email.